Sunday, May 18, 2008

Nesta Matrale




Nesta was a big part of our family and we are all going to miss her tons and tons.

We got Nesta from the pound in West Virginia while away at college and she was the best companion ever. She was just around six weeks when we got her. I remeber so clearly the day Alex and I went to pick her out - all the other dogs in her littler were playing and running around and she was off in the corner just relaxing and looking so sweet - and that is just the way she stayed till the end - the sweetest dog ever. She loved Marley from the get go and followed him where ever he'd go - we called them PETE and REPEAT. She was the type of dog that could be let off her leash and she never roamed more than a few feet away. She loved long hikes in the woods, swimming in the pool, her ball that she'd carry everywhere and play keep away with Marley, sleeping and EATING (which got her in tons of trouble on more than one occasion!).

When I got pregnant there were so many who told me how carefully I'd have to watch the dogs but I knew in my heart what kind of dog she was and knew I had nothing to fear with her and the baby and boy was I right - she was so loving a patient and just really great with AJ - they were best of buddies!

After a few years of being on all kinds of meds for seizures her kidneys finally gave up...

Sleep tight Bessy Bear - we will miss you always till we meet again- we are sure you'll be at the gates waiting!




No comments: