Friday, December 2, 2011

Dylan's 1st Day of School

Toady Dylan had his first day of school - I am a proud mama - he did great! Just like his big sister, Dylan didn't seem to be bothered that I was leaving him at all! I sent him in with his Cars backpack, his Cars lunch box and his Cars sippy cup and he got right to playing with his new friends! He barely turned around when I said bye to yell back "bye mommy"! When I came to get him they were just coming back in from being on the outdoor playground - he smiled when he saw me and said "hi mommy"! His teacher told me he had a great first day - she said he has LOADS of energy and he was trying to eat all his friends sandwiches at lunch - LOL! She said he was content all day long! He did some art projects, had story time, practiced the song they will sing at the Christmas party and I sent in donuts so they could celebrate Dylan's 2nd birthday. He even got a birthday crown to wear! So happy my boy had a great first day of school but it's hard not to shed some tears as well - I am super proud of how well adjusted both my kids are and I know they are going to grow up to be great, amazing people one day but it's hard to let go of them and send them out to the world. Days like today make me realize that I need to try harder to slow down, stop and smell the roses, jump in the leaves and the puddles, and treasure each and every moment I spend with them!









These are some shots his teacher took and send to me - SO CUTE!



No comments: