Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Hoping all the moms out there had a wonderful day, I know I did! I woke up to decaf coffee in bed, homemade cards, 2 bouquets of beautiful flowers (2 dozen of the most beautiful daises from Alex and a dozen roses from the kids) and a adorable pot holder with Dylan's footprint. I got to relax and have a bagel in bed all alone while Alex fed the kids and got them ready for church. Both kids were so well behaved in church and allowed us 2 hours at brunch! We went to Cabernet and had the most delicious meal - omelets, french toast, bacon, sausage, potatoes, pastries, oysters, lobster tails with drawn butter, shrimp cocktail, prime rib, leg of lamb, ham, all kids of sides and salads and endless mimosas! Although I was missing my own mother terribly I was reminded of her often throughout my beautiful day. Alex and the kids and I are so blessed to have her in our lives. I strive to be even half the woman she is one day. She defines unconditional love, strength and beauty. I am so lucky to have had her as my role model growing up. I am SO blessed with such a loving and amazing family myself. Thank you Alex, AJ & Dylan for giving me such a amazing life - I love you all to the moon and back!

No comments: