Monday, December 22, 2008

31st Birthday Stuffed Artichokes!

I made Alex stuffed artichokes for his birthday! He (me too, me too!) LOVED them! I must say, they came out super delicious and were fairly easy to make! I am proud to say that I am no longer intimated by artichokes and will be making them again very soon!!!






Stuffed Artichokes-

Clean 2 artichokes by seperating leaves and rinsing under cold water, cut off the stem and the points and removed purplish leaves and the hairy choke in the middle.

Place artichokes in a pot with water (enough to come about halfway up the artichoke), some lemon slices and smashed garlic slices and steam for about 15 minutes.

Place artichokes in a pan, add some of the water you steamed them in (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan), the lemon and garlic.

Stuff them with a mixture of bread crumbs, Pecorino-Romano cheese, fresh chopped parsley, fresh chopped garlic, sea salt, ground pepper and olive oil. Stuff a bunch down the center, then put some in between each leaf.

Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes (covered lightly with foil for 30 then remove).

Serve with melted butter and lemon.

SOOO GOOD!!

No comments: