Thursday, January 29, 2009

Braised Short Ribs

So this is my first time making short ribs and they came out awesome! I really wanted to do them in the crock pot ($ saver) but couldn't find a recipe I liked that way so I incorporated a few different ones and made it my own!

6 pieces of shot rib
3 carrots chopped up
3 celery ribs chopped up
1 onion chopped up
4 cloves of garlic chopped up
2 cups of cabernet reduced in a pan
2 can of beef broth
1 can of diced tomatoes
sea salt
pepper
garlic power
evoo

First, I seasoned the meat with the sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. Next I browned the meat in a pan in some olive oil then put it into the crock pot. In the leftover oil that I browned the meat in I added the carrots, celery and onion and cooked for about 8 minutes then added the garlic and cooked about 2 more minutes. Then I added that, the broth, the diced tomatoes and the wine to the pot and set it on low for 6 hours. Once finished I put the pot in the freezer for about 45 minutes to separate the fat and remove it off the top then I cooked it on the stove top to heat it back up.





Can you say SUPER DUPER DELISH! These came SOOO GOOD - Cocco Bello Restaurant Good - Alex LOVED them and couldn't stop raving about them! Lucky for him I put some aside so he could take it for lunch today! Oh how I love filling his belly with yummy food!!!

No comments: