Thursday, October 6, 2011

Colleen's Pumpkin Rolls


So now that it's fall I am craving soups, stews, slow cooked roasts, chili & fall like desserts. This awesome roll that my friend Colleen makes popped into my head and of course I wasn't going to be happy till I made it, so I sent her a email and she sent me the recipe. Make this soon - it's SO good and Alex and I finished off a 1/2 of one of the two I made last night in one sitting and the rest are safely in the freezer till I run off the one I ate last night! My only tip is to use plenty of powdered sugar on your dish towel - I didn't use enough and mine stuck to it a little!

ENJOY-

Get a jelly roll pan (or large cookie sheet) and line with wax paper or parchment paper. Grease the paper.

Mix together -
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
¾ cup flour

Pour all ingredients onto cookie sheet and spread out evenly. It will be very thin.
Sprinkle with chopped slivered almonds (Optional).
Bake at 350 for 6 - 9 minutes. This varies with the type of pan.
Meanwhile, dust a kitchen towel with powdered sugar. When the cake is done flip it onto the towel and remove the paper. From the wide side of the cake, roll with the towel and let stand approx. 45 minutes.

FILLING -
3 tsp butter
(1) 8 oz package cream cheese
¾ cup powered sugar
¾ tsp vanilla

Blend all with a mixer.
Unwrap the cake and spread with filling.
Roll cake back up and cut in half to make two jelly rolls. Refrigerate or freeze.
Best if sliced while frozen. Defrosts very fast.







No comments: