Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary Clams!

So on Wednesday Alex and I will celebrate our 4th year wedding anniversary - we have actually been together for 12 years now but who's counting! To start off the week long celebration we decided to do a night with a yummy meal and a movie. It was perfect AJ went to bed on time and we got to enjoy a really tasty "light" dinner - Clams in a lemon/butter/wine sauce and a movie - National Treasure 2. The movie was actually pretty good - I don't know why I don't listen to Alex (self proclaimed movie guru) more often - I have been putting this one off for months thinking I would HATE it but found myself pleasantly surprised! I mean it wasn't even close to one of our favorites (BRAVEHEART!!!) but it was definitely enjoyable and when it comes to movies he is ALWAYS right!!! I guess it is just one of the many reasons I love my man - he is the best!!!! Happy Anniversary darling - I love you always and forever - 10.8.04!!!




24 little neck clams
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup minced garlic
12 ounces unoaked white wine, like sauvignon blanc
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
About 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
Crusty bread.

1. Scrub than soak clams in cold water for 1 hour

2. In a 14-inch skillet fitted with a lid, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in the wine and bring to a boil. Add the clams, cover and cook for 5 to 9 minutes. Transfer the open clams to a bowl. When most of the clams have opened, return them all to the pan. Add the parsley and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Season with black pepper and more lemon juice to taste. Serve the clams and broth in deep bowls with lots of bread!!!! YUMMOOOOOO!!!!

No comments: