Monday, January 4, 2010

1st Day of Preschool

AJ had her first day of preschool today and she did great! I knew she would love it but I couldn't help dread the first drop off - I just wanted it to go smooth and I didn't want her to cry. Well it went better then I could have ever dreamed - a little too well if you ask me - not one tear shed - she could care less to leave her beloved mother! HA! We were waiting at the door with some other kids and when the teacher came out - I was holding AJ's hand and as I bent down to kiss her bye, she was yanking my hand away and was ready to run in with the other kids - she never even looked back! The teacher said she was happy the whole time - not once did she ask for me or act sad like she missed me (weep, weep, sniff, sniff!). At school she made me a picture for 2010 and had circle time where they talk about the day and month and weather and stuff like that - well when she got home she told me it was "Jan-rary in the New Year"! She met me with a smile when class was over and told me she wants to go back! As sad as it is to for me to see her grow up, it makes me happy she is such a secure and well adjusted child who happily runs off to school to play with the other kids and have fun learning!



1 comment:

the handlers said...

yay for aj!!! she'll have to tell alexis all about it next time we get together!