Saturday, May 15, 2010

Brie in Puff Pastry

Thanks to my friend Lauren we enjoyed brie in puff pastry tonight! She made it for us at her house a while back and something got me in the mood for it, so she let me in on the basics of how she made it and I gave it a shot - SO YUMMY!!! Not too difficult to make and super duper awesome tasting! Good thing Alex, AJ, Dylan and I ran lots of errands, went on a long walk and I mowed the front and back lawn today - now I don't feel too guilty eating this!


1 frozen puff pastry
triangle block of brie
1 onion sliced up
3 tablespoons butter
handful of dried cranberries
egg wash (1 egg yolk plus 1 tsp water)

Take puff pastry out of freezer and let it come to room temperature (20 minutes). Melt butter in pan and cook onions on medium to low heat for about 15 minutes. Let onions cool and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly flour puff pastry and roll out. Place brie on top and cut the brie in half and put the onion and cranberries on the bottom half and then top with the top half. Wrap dough around brie and trim away excess pastry. Seal edges by pressing with your fingers. Place on a pamed baking sheet seam-side down. Attach any decorative pieces of puff pastry in design of your choice (I used stars!). Brush the puff pastry brie with the egg wash and bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and let rest for about 20 minutes before serving.








No comments: