Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

This year we celebrated Mother's Day by going out to dinner with the whole gang on Saturday night. Maria arranged for us all to go to Calabrias on the Green and it was great - the food was great, portions were huge and the kids had a blast running all around! I was good and only had a salad with grilled chicken but it was great and there was SO much chicken on it. I was saving my calories for the wine I was drinking and for the cheddar biscuits I knew were coming my way the next morning. My mother was happy to be with her children and grandchildren and it was a really nice evening with aunts, cousins and family! The next morning I woke up at 8:30 AM - this was the best present of the weekend - the WHOLE house, even Marley slept till then - we are normally all up at 6 AM! AMAZING! Alex and the kids gave me some beautiful cards and Alex made me a great breakfast of eggs, bacon and cheddar biscuits! We drank a few mimosas later that day and I just really enjoyed hanging home with my kids and husband! I am so lucky to have so many loving people in my life! I hope everyone had a special Mother's Day like I did! I am truly blessed!




No comments: