Sunday, May 16, 2010

Plants Are In!

It is so beautiful out today so we decided it was the perfect day to put our plants in. This year in addition to buying our usual tomatoes from Home Depot, AJ and I started some tomatoes Mimi gave us from seeds inside a few weeks ago that we moved to a bigger pot and outside today. We also got lettuce, cilantro and basil from our Little Explorers class at the Environmental Center for Mothers Day that we moved into different pots and got some parsley from Home Depot. I love having my own spices right in the back yard - I am sure the basil, cilantro and parsley will turn out great. I am excited to see how our tomatoes from seeds come out and if they actually grow some tomatoes - if not, no fear, we always have the three we bought from HD - 2 different hybrids and 1 red beefsteak - YUMM! Lettuce is also a first for me, so we shall see how that goes! I love that AJ gets all into it with me - it brings me tons of happiness to be able to share something with her that I enjoy so much - hopefully D get's my gardening bug too!

Here are a few shots of AJ helping with the HD tomoatos-



tomatoes-
basil-
parsley-
cilantro-
our tomatoes from seeds growing-
lettuce-


Hopefully one day in the future, when we move into our final house Alex will help me make a real garden in our backyard - till then, I am happy with growing our stuff in pots!

No comments: