Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mom's Mac & Beef!

This one I got from my mom - only thing I did different was I topped ours with some cheddar cheese and I think she just uses some Parmesan! Either way this is a keeper!

1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb of cooked whole wheat pasta elbows
1 can of hunts diced tomatoes
2 cans of hunts tomato sauce (the small cans)
1/2 green pepper chopped up
1/2 onion chopped up
4 garlic cloves chopped up
Handful of fresh basil and parsley chopped up
Palmful of parm cheese
Sea salt & ground pepper to taste

Brown up the ground beef in a large sauce pan. Add the peppers, onions and garlic and cook till tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and stir. Add the basil, parsley, parm cheese, salt and pepper and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add the pasta, stir and serve topped with some cheddar cheese! SOOOO GOOD!




No comments: